Submit a Review – Choose where to place your review or use all 3!
Triathlete Holt taking the USAT protocol threshold test to determine training zones.
Website : https://www.trisportcoach.com
About six months after I met Coach Marquart at a networking group, we decided to have the required one-on-one lunch. The group does this so the members get to know each other as people. I knew her as the auto glass sales rep.
When she told me she was a triathlete and what she had done, I was blown away. She asked me about my athletic background, I explained that I had not run competitively in almost 40 years, I have a complex medical history, I injured myself every time I started training, and I was recovering from viral and bacterial pneumonia and bronchitis. When I told her that is why I do not exercise or train, she told me, “that’s a story.”
I declined her offer to go for a hike because I knew I would not be able to keep up with her. She kept asking me and about 4½ months later we started walking. We started with a mile a few times a week. Coach Marquart made sure that we did not go too far or fast too soon.
She also helped me understand that my injuries were diet/nutrition related. I did not know what electrolytes are or why they are important.
Coach Marquart and my doctor help me design a diet around my diabetes and many food allergies. We continued to comfortably increase the distance and speed of our walks and we shared hiking.
Two months later, she helped me buy the proper running shoes. She did not push me to start running. I promised a friend that if she organized a 5k, I would participate, walking or running. When the 5k became a reality, I decided to run it.
Coach Marquart designed a training program and ran/walked/hiked and biked with me. She also helped me pick out the proper bike. I had not ridden seriously in more than 30 years. My goal for the 5K was to simply finish.
I was dumbfounded when I won my age-group. This was less than 6 months after we started.
Better yet, my blood pressure and pulse are back to normal levels. My cholesterol and triglycerides are the lowest they have ever been. My blood sugar is down. My weight is about the same but I have gained muscle mass and gotten some of my chest out of my drawers. I am eating and sleeping better. I have more energy and endurance.
None of this would have been possible without Coach Marquart and her positive holistic approach. If I can do this after a 40-year layoff, anyone can.
Lois has been a huge component of my success. Of course I know that a person has to start with a strong motivation and will to take on a half ironman course, but having the right trainer is more than the icing on the cake. Lois started with me teaching me swimming for more than fun and in fact, she made me a "swimmer". We got to a point I didn't feel like people were looking at my swim strokes feeling sorry for me. Her confidence in me really pushed me to go harder than I had expected of myself. Because, Lois worked with me on my swims, my open water swims, my biking, and providing me with personalized workouts for my specific needs and zones, I went into my three sprints, one Olympic, and one half ironman so confident that I would complete the events and be strong at the end. One of my tri's I placed first in my group and with my half-iron I completed it and had minimal recovery necessary because my body was so prepared. Thank you Lois, and I look so forward to an even better tri season next year with you.
- I had a breakthrough on Tuesday night! I finally felt my own “power stroke”! And wow..each time I swam after a drill length, it was a bit easier. Thanks so much for your upbeat guidance! This is EXACTLY what I needed.
– Deb Ramirez
Words from Coach Lois: Deb crushed her Sea to Ski bike time by over 20 minutes from LY—she ‘found her stroke’ groove in the summer, and was able to complete her goals in the swim. Deb rocks!!
- Lois taught me how to tweak my workouts to increase speed in all threee events. She built my confidence and gave me the support I needed. Up until Lois started coaching me, I had read many books and worked the plans, but she sharpened and tailored workouts to my weaknesses. Thanks Lois! I did much better because of your coaching.
– Denise Arnold
Words from the Coach: Denise is a great athlete who needed direction and the road map to get there–I was happy to be a part of your journey, Denise You did improve in all 3 sports, raced weekly, and finished with Titanium Man!
- I began training with Lois after trying to train myself for a year. I did ok in races but had a hard time staying motivated to keep up on my workouts. I had no direction and not much discipline either. Lois was such a pleasure to work with and she helped me in both areas! Our first meeting we discussed my goals, which races I wanted to do and what my strengths and weaknesses were. She designed a monthly training schedule appropriate for me and my upcoming races. The workouts had variety and purpose. They included things I would not have done on my own, like track workouts or track workouts combined with some time on the trainer. Her services are very affordable and helped me feel confident in my races. I even got to compete at Nationals! Working with Lois was very worthwhile and I would recommend it for any athlete.
– Brook Coates
- It was fun thinking back to those times in the pool. Lois has such a passion for the sport of triathlon. I learned so much from her….transitioning, how to train the smart way, and oh, the swim drills. Which made me a faster and better swimmer. She is a coach with never ending enthusiasm and support.
– Michelle Brown
- As a new age grouper at this wonderful sport of triathlon I want to thank you for your encouragement and help over the past 2 years. Your positive and knowledgeable assistance has feed my desire to become a better triathlete. I started two years ago nervous and scared to death of a short sprint triathlon. And in just 7 weeks I’ll be completing Iron Man Canada with a respectable time.Your coaching has helped prepare me to achieve my goals with strength and confidence. All the small suggestions that you’ve given me during the past 2 years in the weight room, pool, bike, run and transitions has given me the ability and confidence to achieve something that I once thought was impossible. I thank you so very much, Don Hoover.
– Donald Hoover
- I came to Lois for coaching without any idea of how to train properly. With her awesome knowledge of sports science and astute grasp of how far to push me, she guided me to victory in my first big race – “La Ruta de Los Conquistadores”. There is no way I would be still racing today if I hadn’t started working with Lois. I would never have been able to win that race without her coaching and that race gave me the confidence to go after my dreams. Lois’ coaching was the perfect personal format that you really need to stay on target. It is good to work with someone so passionate about the science of training and improving and who excels in it herself. She’s been there so she knows how to guide you through the pitfalls to reaching your goals.- Hillary Harrison